You may have noticed a very small burgundy coloured moth flying around in your garden during the day recently? They are cracking little things that whizz around in broad daylight, often found near mint, majoram and oddly enough, ours seem to like the potato plants! They are called Mint moths, or if you want to be a bit technical, they are Pyrausta auratus. Have a look for them and take a good look when they land – they are pretty amazing! They might take a bit of finding – only about 1cm across..
- 4th February. World Cancer Day.
- 1st February. Its ‘dump a significant jerk day’!
- January 31st. Backwards running seemed such a good idea at the time…
- January 30th. Inane answering machine message day.
- January 29th. National fun at work day
- 28th January. Data protection day
- 27th January. A day to ensure that the past is not forgotten.
- January 26th. Australia day
- January 25th. It really should have been Train day.
- January 24th. Beer can appreciation day..
- January 23rd. Pie Day!
- January 22nd. Not your standard Friday.
- January 21st. It’s not just for hugs, it’s also a squirrel day
- January 20th. Penguin awareness day
- January 19th. It’s Tin can day!
- January 18th. Thesaurus day.
- Day 17 of 2016. All change on the blog…
- Day 16 of 2016. Foam roller. Friend, or foe?
- Day 15 of 2016. Flowers on a cold day.
- Day 14 of 2016. A good day for a wander..