I had an appointment at Poole hospital this afternoon, so opted to work at one of the Dorset Wildlife Trust sites closer to home – the Urban Wildlife Centre. Aptly named, as it sits next to a concrete factory as well as next to a landfill site. It is also however, ideally situated for the DWT Urban team as it also backs onto the fantastic Upton Heath – home to all six native reptiles (you can expect to see some of them featured during the Summer!). Today though, it was a bit chilly, the weather was dismal and the Centre was rather quiet, as most of the staff were out on the heath. Roll on the Spring, when I can go and explore the heath at lunchtimes in search of snakes!
- 4th February. World Cancer Day.
- 1st February. Its ‘dump a significant jerk day’!
- January 31st. Backwards running seemed such a good idea at the time…
- January 30th. Inane answering machine message day.
- January 29th. National fun at work day
- 28th January. Data protection day
- 27th January. A day to ensure that the past is not forgotten.
- January 26th. Australia day
- January 25th. It really should have been Train day.
- January 24th. Beer can appreciation day..
- January 23rd. Pie Day!
- January 22nd. Not your standard Friday.
- January 21st. It’s not just for hugs, it’s also a squirrel day
- January 20th. Penguin awareness day
- January 19th. It’s Tin can day!
- January 18th. Thesaurus day.
- Day 17 of 2016. All change on the blog…
- Day 16 of 2016. Foam roller. Friend, or foe?
- Day 15 of 2016. Flowers on a cold day.
- Day 14 of 2016. A good day for a wander..